Celebrating AAPI Heritage Month
May is Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month! Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month recognizes the contributions and influence of Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans to the history, culture, and achievements of the United States. Throughout AAPI Heritage Month, we highlight:
- How the diversity of AAPI people, cultures, languages and traditions enriches our community.
- The important contributions made by AAPI health care trailblazers to the field of medicine.
- Our local providers and partners who serve the San Mateo County AAPI community.
Working to achieve health equity for all of our members
- Our HEALTHY values include equitable access to quality services and supports for all members as well as advocacy for members disproportionately impacted by health inequities.
- We proudly promote the work of the San Mateo County Office of Diversity and Equity and North East Medical Services, which is in our provider network.
- We promote awareness, wellness and recovery. Check out our Health Tips pages to learn about preventive care, managing chronic conditions, mental health and much more. Also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn throughout AAPI Heritage Month to learn more.
- We offer health equity education and resources for our network providers as tools to support culturally inclusive care for our members. For example, a recording of our 2022 AAPI Heritage Month webinar is on our YouTube channel.
Learn more about Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity at HPSM
Stay tuned for more cultural awareness month celebrations coming in 2023!
- June – Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex & Asexual (LGBTQIA+) Pride Month
- July – Disability Pride Month
- September 15 to October 15 – Hispanic Heritage Month
- October – Filipino American History Month
- November – Native American History Month