CareAdvantage Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)
In general, CareAdvantage CMC only covers prescriptions that are filled by network pharmacies. However, there are certain circumstances under which CareAdvantage CMC will reimburse you for prescriptions filled by out-of-network pharmacies. Quantity limits and restrictions may apply.
CareAdvantage CMC Network Pharmacies
The CareAdvantage CMC network includes more than 200 pharmacies in San Mateo County and San Francisco. Outside of these areas, you can fill prescriptions at the following chain pharmacies:
- Costco: 1-800-607-6861
- CVS: 1-800-746-7287
- Lucky: 1-800-692-5710
- Rite Aid: 1-800-748-3243 TTY/TDD: 1-800-821-1833
- Safeway: 1-877-723-3929
- Target: 1-800-440-0680
- Walgreens: 1-800-925-4733
Find a provider
- Search by provider name, health plan, location or type of provider
- Click on a provider's name in the search results to see additional information
- Search results include links to interactive maps and directions
- Print or save the information for individual providers
- Weekly updates ensure you get the most accurate results
If you pay the full cost of a prescription, CareAdvantage CMC will reimburse you under certain circumstances, such as when you
- Fill a prescription in an emergency situation at a non-network pharmacy
- Need a specialized drug that is not available at a network pharmacy
- Need a drug that is only available, by law, at specific pharmacies
Note that HPSM will not reimburse you for your Part D prescription co-pay.
To Request Reimbursement
Send a copy of your pharmacy receipt to:
Health Plan of San Mateo
Attn: CareAdvantage Unit
801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100
South San Francisco, CA 94080
CareAdvantage Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Medi-Cal to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. Limitations and restrictions may apply. For more information, call the CareAdvantage Unit or read the CareAdvantage CMC Member Handbook 2019.
Benefits and co-pays may change on January 1 of each year.
If you speak other languages other than English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-880-0606 (TTY: 1-800-735-2929). (Download this statement in multiple languages.)
Page updated January 01, 2019