CareAdvantage Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)
Enroll in CareAdvantage
A health care plan with all your Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits—plus more!
CareAdvantage brings all your Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits under one health care program. That makes it easier to understand and use your benefits. Plus you get extra benefits that Medicare and Medi-Cal don’t provide, such as:
- Over 5,000 providers to choose from – and you can keep your doctor*
- Unlimited taxi rides to approved doctor visits
- Vision care – annual eye exam & $100 towards glasses or contacts every other year
- CareAdvantage Navigators – your personal guides to the health care system
- We’re local, with local office hours – call or visit us when it fits your schedule
- Prescription drug coverage with no or low co-pays
- Generic drugs $0, $1.25 or $3.40
- Brand-name drugs $0, $3.80 or $8.50
- No co-pays for:
- Medical & preventative services
- Hospital care
- Mental health services
- Physical & occupational therapy
- Long-term nursing home care
- A single card and phone number to call makes accessing all your benefits easy
- Access to special programs like Community-Based Adult Services & home-health “house calls”*
You can join CareAdvantage if you:
- Live in San Mateo County
- Have Medicare Parts A & B and
- Have full-scope Medi-Cal
Most people 65 or older living in San Mateo County can join.
To see if you qualify, call a licensed CareAdvantage Medicare Specialist. They will answer any questions you have. They can even meet you at a time and place that works for you.
Call a licensed CareAdvantage Medicare Specialist
Toll free: 1-888-252-3153 Local: 650-616-1500
TTY: 1-800-735-2929 or dial 7-1-1
Hours: Monday–Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Try CareAdvantage risk-free and cancel anytime
Try CareAdvantage, and if don’t like it, you can cancel any time. It costs nothing to join the plan, so trying it out is risk-free. But most CareAdvantage members really like the program, and are happy they joined. We think you will be, too.
CareAdvantage Enrollment Form
CareAdvantage Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Medi-Cal to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. Limitations and restrictions may apply. For more information, call the CareAdvantage Unit or read the CareAdvantage CMC Member Handbook 2019.
Benefits and co-pays may change on January 1 of each year.
If you speak other languages other than English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-880-0606 (TTY: 1-800-735-2929). (Download this statement in multiple languages.)
Page updated January 01, 2019