COVID-19 Resources for Providers
Contracted HPSM providers can now get video interpreters for in-person and telemedicine visits through our partner, Certified Languages International (CLI). Video interpreters can help you
communicate better with members who have limited English proficiency (LEP) or require American Sign Language (ASL) assistance. That’s because, in addition to speaking in your patient’s preferred language, they can also use visual cues
such as facial expressions and hand gestures to communicate.
How to get a video interpreter
Use a video interpreter during a Telehealth visit
- Provider is at the clinic
- Patient is in the comfort of their home, and
- Video interpreter is accessible through the CLI platform
1. Help your patient prepare
- Notify the patient of the scheduled time and date of the Telehealth visit.
- Ensure they have the minimum system requirements;
- Access to a smartphone, tablet, or computer from their home
- A functional video camera and microphone
- A network connection and Chrome, Firefox, or Safari web browser
- Access to email or text service for receiving the secure link
2. Connect with the Interpreter
- Log into CLI platform: (insert same URL for in-person visit)
- Enter access code:
- Allow permission to use your camera and microphone
- Select Video Option for Patient Language: Wait for Interpreter to join you
- Inform Interpreter that you’ll be inviting patient to join remotely
3. Invite your patient
- Click on “Add Expert” button in the toolbar
- Click “Invite”, then enter patient’s email or cell number in the corresponding field
- Click “Send Link”
When your patient clicks on link you sent, they will be prompted to allow access to video and microphone on their device.
4. End the remote appointment
- Select “End Call” red button
- Patient an Interpreter will be disconnected from call
FAQs regarding CLI Video Interpreter
Once you log into the platform, you can view estimated wait times next to each language.
If an interpreter is not immediately available, click on the language that you need interpreting services for and you can either proceed with an audio interpreter or schedule a video interpreter for a different time.
Yes, you can. In the language options screen, there is a make an appointment button at the bottom. Click on the button. Enter the requested information You will receive an email with a reference number once an interpreter has been confirmed.
You can connect to a scheduled appointment in two ways:
- Click on the link in your confirmation email: Enter the reference number provided to you
- Log into the platform: Click on the go to an appointment button at the bottom of the language selection screen: Enter the reference number provided to you
In the language options screen, click on the other languages button. An operator will connect you to an over the phone interpreter through the platform