Benefits of Using Professional Interpreters
If your provider does not speak your language, HPSM offers no-cost interpretation services. You can get phone and video interpreters for all routine in-person and telemedicine visits. All you need to do is ask your doctor to call one.
It’s much better to have a professional interpreter translate for you rather than family members (such as children) or friends.
- Can translate complex health info from your provider’s language into yours so you can understand it
- Can translate what you say so that your provider fully understands your symptoms and health concerns
- Are legally bound to protect your privacy
Family & friends:
- May not be able to understand and clearly tell you what your doctor says
- May not be able to clearly describe your health issues and concerns to your doctor
- May feel uncomfortable hearing and talking about your private health issues