HealthWorx HMO is a health insurance program for eligible employees of the city of San Mateo.
Who is eligible
- City of San Mateo part-time employees
- In-home Supportive Services (IHSS) workers employed by the San Mateo County Public Authority
What is covered
- Doctor visits
- Hospital visits
- Prescription drugs
- Long-term care in Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Preventive care – such as health exams, screenings, tests, immunizations and other office visits with a primary care doctor
- Pregnancy and maternity care
- Dental and eye care – only for IHSS workers (call Service Employees International Union, Local 521: 1-800-842-6635)
HealthWorx members pay a monthly fee. The amount is determined by their employer.
Some services have a co-pay and others have no co-pay:
- Pregnancy and maternity care – $0
- Doctor and hospital visits (such as medically necessary home visits) – $5
- Emergency room visits – $25
- IHSS Workers Employed by the San Mateo County Public Authority – Call the San Mateo County Public Authority for IHSS at 650-573-3773
- Part-Time Employees of the City of San Mateo – Call the SEIU at 1-800-842-6635 to find out if you qualify and to apply
Contact Member Services if you have any questions about HealthWorx.