Doctors & Specialists
In general, HPSM will only cover services you receive from Medi-Cal providers in HPSM’s network. You are covered for services from a non-network provider in the United States only for medical emergencies, for urgent care outside of the plan’s
service area or when HPSM pre-approves coverage for a visit to non-network provider.
Prior authorization of referrals are not required if your doctor refers you to a specialist within the HPSM network. If you need to be referred outside the HPSM provider network, your doctor needs to request approval of coverage before you receive services.
Find a provider
- Search by provider name, health plan, location or type of provider
- Click on a provider's name in the search results to see additional information
- Search results include links to interactive maps and directions
- Print or save the information for individual providers
- Weekly updates ensure you get the most accurate results
Continuity of Care
If you are a new member, you may request permission to continue getting medical care from a doctor or hospital who is not in HPSM's network if you were receiving this care before enrolling in HPSM and if you meet certain conditions. To learn more, see the HealthWorx HMO Evidence of Coverage.
Download the Provider Directory
Request a Printed Copy
If you would like a provider directory mailed to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Daytime phone number (in case we need to call you about your request)
- Mailing address
- Which directory you are requesting (HealthWorx HMO, ACE, CareAdvantage CMC, or Medi-Cal)
The provider directory is updated every week; however there may be incorrect or new information about a provider that has not yet been updated. If you find an error, please send us the correct information by using the Provider Directory Error Report Form.