HPSM offers services to help members with their physical, mental, and emotional health. The resources on this page are for all providers, however some resources may be specific to providers that offer mild to moderate mental health treatment.
Please be sure to use the ACCESS Call Center if you think a member may need mental health or substance use treatment. For assessment and referrals to mental health and substance use treatment services, call the ACCESS Call Center at (800) 686-0101, TDD: (800) 943-2833.
San Mateo County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS) manages treatment for members with serious mental health issues and treatment for substance use issues.
- ADHD Medication Guide
- Guidelines for Assessment of and Intervention With Persons With Disabilities
- Guidelines for Psychological Practice for People with Low-Income and Economic Marginalization
- Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual Clients
- Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Older Adults
- Guidelines for Treatment of Patients with Substance Use Disorders
- Pharmacological Treatment of Patients with Alcohol Use Disorder
Behavioral Health Forms
- Behavioral Health Referral Form
- Behavioral Health Screening - Initial Form (Part A)
- Behavioral Health Screening - Extended Form (Part B-D)
- Behavioral Health Screening Scoresheet
- Developmental Services Referral Guide
- Referral for Higher Level of Care Form - Adult
- Referral for Higher Level of Care Form - Youth
- PCP Referral Form for Behavioral Health and Recovery Services
- BrightLife Kids: Mental health coaching and resources for parents with kids ages 0-12.
- Soluna: Mental health coaching and resources for parents teens and young adults ages 13-25.
- Community Information Handbook
- Help At Home
- San Mateo County Health Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resources
- SMC Connect
- Behavioral Health Provider FAQs
- New Provider Onboarding Deck
- Video: How To Complete the Higher Level of Care Form
- Video: How To Complete the Behavioral Health Referral Form
- Video: Managing Increased Behavioral Health Demand (4/14/2021 presentation)
- Video: Strategies for Managing Behavioral Health Demand: Prioritizing Highest Need Individuals
- Video: Strategies for Managing Behavioral Health Demand: Engaging Providers and Partners
- Video: Submitting a Claim for Behavioral Health Providers