Diabetes Prevention Program
Do you have prediabetes? Lower your risk of getting type 2 diabetes and improve your health by joining HPSM's Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)! This support program is available to eligible HPSM members at no cost.
What you get
- A customized plan for meeting health goals you choose, such as losing weight and staying fit
- Weekly video group sessions run by trained Lifestyle Coaches
- Educational materials to help you meet your health goals
Who is eligible
HPSM Medi-Cal and CareAdvantage members who:
- Have prediabetes
- Are 18 or older
- Are not pregnant
- Are overweight (measured by body mass index)
- Do not have diabetes (type 1 or 2)
- Do not have end-stage renal disease
Learn more or join
Call HPSM’s Health Education Unit at 650-616-2165. Our Health Education team can answer your questions about the DPP, see if you are eligible and enroll you if you like.
If you or a loved one have diabetes, call the Health Education team for referrals to other support resources in San Mateo County.