Regular Health Exams
Well-visits put your child on the path to a healthy life. As an HPSM member, you get this vital service at no cost. Even during the COVID-19 outbreak, it is vital to take your child for a well-care visit. Provider offices have safety measures in place to protect your family. This includes requiring that masks are worn when getting care. Call your child’s primary care provider (PCP) to make an appointment today!
Does your child see the same provider for all of their primary care? A PCP is the provider your child sees for all their checkups. If your child does not have their own PCP, and you need help selecting one, call HPSM Member Services. You can also select their PCP online using the Member Portal at any time.
Your child should have well-visits during these timeframes:
- Birth to 2 years old: Exams at 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 and 30 months
- From 3 to 6 years old: Exams every year
- From 7 to 11 years old: Exams every year
Well-visits are vital – take your child in for a well-visit even if they are healthy! Your child’s PCP helps you and your child during a well-care visit by:
- Tracking your child’s growth and development
- Helping you understand your child’s health
- Informing you of any health issues found during the exam
- Referring your child to specialists if needed
- Addressing any health concerns you may have about your child
- Sharing tips for raising happy, healthy children
- Providing preventive screenings
- Giving vaccines your child needs
Well-visits are your chance to get expert health advice for all stages of your child’s growth. Get the most out of them by bringing a list of questions and concerns for your child's PCP. Also let the PCP know about any changes in your child’s health or behavior at home and school.