Preparation for a Power Shutoff
Below is important information about how to help your patients during a power outage. The list below includes tools to help you help your patients with refrigerated medications and electrical medical equipment. It also provides resources to help you create a disaster preparedness plan for your facility.
Tools to Respond
- Get information on the shutoff, including a list of Community Resource Centers. You may also contact the California Health and Human Services hotline for information on resources available to medically vulnerable residents; their number is: 833-284-3473.
- If your patients depend on refrigerated medications or use an electricity-dependent device, please review this Quick Guide for information and key HPSM contacts.
- Get information on Managing Durable Medical Equipment In Disasters
- See information about how dialysis centers and providers treat ESRD patients during disasters.
- Get information about best practices during loss of utilities.