Asthma Support Programs
Home visiting asthma services for pediatric members with asthma
This outreach program from San Mateo County Health’s (SMC’s) Family Health Services helps young people breathe easier. The program is for people who:
- Are younger than 18 years old.
- Have an asthma diagnosis.
- Have an asthma action plan.
This program offers the following services:
- Weekly in-person or virtual visits from English/Spanish bilingual staff (interpreters are available for those who speak other languages).
- Home environment assessments and asthma education to help identify, reduce and eliminate asthma triggers.
- Education and instruction on how to use asthma medication the right way.
Read more about the program in HPSM's HealthMatters member newsletter.
To join the program, ask your primary care provider (PCP) to call 650-573-2501 or send the Inter-Agency Referral Form.