Our Mission, Vision & Values
To ensure that San Mateo County’s vulnerable and underserved residents have access to high-quality care, services and supports so they can live the healthiest lives possible.
We believe that Healthy is for Everyone — and we fight to make that possible.
- Advocate for the health and well-being of our members and other underserved residents of San Mateo County
- Partner with providers and community organizations to overcome local challenges faced by members and providers
- Give individual and personal attention to our members by being culturally and linguistically responsive to their unique needs
- Support our providers by ensuring they receive timely payment for their services and by reducing administrative obstacles
- Strive to be good stewards of public resources by focusing on the efficient use of services and funds
- Act with the highest standards of ethics, integrity and transparency
- Embrace a work atmosphere that encourages employee growth and commitment to HPSM’s mission
Our Strategic Framework
HPSM's 2019-2021 Strategic Framework serves as a roadmap that sets a clear direction for our organization over the next three years. It builds on the progress we’ve made since starting our 2016-2018 plan by continuing to focus on three key priorities:
- Ensuring access to high quality care and services
- Maintaining strong internal operations
- Sustaining financial stability
Our strategic framework incorporates input from staff, Commissioners, advisory committee members, providers and other key partners.