Quality Improvement Committee (QIC)
- Develop and maintain HPSM’s Quality Management Program
- Develop an annual Quality Management Work Plan
- Monitor HPSM’s quality improvement processes (evaluate and review quality improvement policies, procedures, standards of care and quality indicators at least annually)
- Analyze data to identify trends, system problems and opportunities to improve care
- Select routine monitoring issues, evaluation topics and special studies that are relevant to and will have a potential impact on the membership population served
- Evaluate the progress of initiatives
The QIC’s 8 members are appointed by the Health Commission and represent many different types of provider practices, including primary care, adult, pediatrics and specialists.
|Kenneth Tai, M.D.||Commissioner, PCP (Chief Medical Officer, NEMS)|
|Jaime Chavarria, M.D.||PCP (Family Medicine)|
|Amelia Louise Sattler, M.D.||PCP (Family Medicine)|
|Maria Osmena, M.D.||PCP (Pediatric)|
|Jeanette Aviles, M.D.||SMMC Physician (Internal Medicine)|
Vacant positions: Pharmacist; Physician-Specialist; and BHRS-Specialist.
QIC Committee meeting schedule
3rd Wednesday of March, June, September, and December from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100
South San Francisco, CA 94080