San Mateo Health Commission
As HPSM's governing body, the San Mateo Health Commission (SMHC) meets monthly, and monitors the quality improvement strategies and activities as outlined in the QIP, evaluation and work plan. HPSM's medical director presents quarterly reports for discussion at SMHC meetings, on the implementation and evaluation of HPSM's quality initiatives and quality improvement activities.
Quality Improvement Committee
- Reviews the Quality Improvement Program (QIP) and process
- Ensures activities are consistent with the purposes of the program
- Evaluates progress of quality initiatives and identifies opportunities to improve care
- Advises HPSM clinical staff on guidelines for quality of medical care and services
Physician Advisory Group & Peer Review Committee
The Physician Advisory Group (PAG) and the Peer Review Committee (PRC) are one group which serves a dual role. The PAG is HPSM's physician "focus group." The PRC reviews credentialing activities and any provider problem issues.
- Evaluates the QIP from a physician perspective
- Advises HPSM clinical staff on practice guidelines
- Provides external practitioner insight on providers being considered for credentialing
- Reviews specific case-based quality of care issues