A community is only as strong as its most vulnerable members. That’s why HPSM partners with community providers and organizations to implement special programs that are designed to meet the unique needs of our members, as well as our providers and the overall community. These programs enable HPSM to test new and improved ways to enhance people’s health. When programs are successful, we work to expand them so more HPSM members can benefit. Effective programs also serve as models that other health care organizations throughout the region and the state can emulate.
HPSM’s special programs include:
- California Children's Services Program (CCS), a partnership between HPSM and San Mateo County to deliver coordinated care and services to eligible kids with complex medical conditions.
- The Community Care Settings Program (CCSP), which helps aging and disabled people transition from skilled nursing facilities into the community. This enables them to live independently with the assistance of a coordinated clinical support team.
- HomeAdvantage, which provides eligible CareAdvantage members with routine home visits, urgent on-call treatment and 24/7 phone access to providers. HPSM offers this program at no cost to members in partnership with Landmark Health.
- Post-Acute Care Pilot (PACP), which promotes recovery to prevent relapse for members transitioning out of skilled nursing facilities and long-term care settings.
- Whole Person Care, a pilot led by San Mateo County Health System (SMCHS) that brings a group of 15 local partner organizations (including HPSM) together to provide coordinated care for people with the most complex problems who need the most help
- Wider Circle, which helps older adults make new friends and develop healthy habits by attending fun social events in their community.