Urgent Member Notices
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Information regarding coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is evolving rapidly as more cases are identified around the world and here in California. Communication is key to keeping our members informed of developments, so we will post COVID-19 updates here.
The health of our members is our top priority. For the safety all HPSM members and employees, and to comply with public health guidelines, HPSM will no longer host in-person meetings at the offices. However our staff are available to answer questions by phone:
- CareAdvantage: 1-866-880-0606 (toll-free) or 650-616-2174
- Medi-Cal/HealthWorx/ACE: 1-800-750-4776 (toll-free) or 650-616-2133
- TTY users: 1-800-735-2929 or dial 7-1-1
While disease specialists are working to create a COVID-19 vaccine, it will be some time before it becomes available. In the meantime, there are ways to protect your health.
Get the latest facts
- Read the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) FAQs from the Centers for Disease Control.
- If you have non-medical questions about COVID-19 (such as how to prepare for an outbreak or prevent its spread), call the County of San Mateo Public Call Center by dialing 211. This multilingual hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calling this number instead of 911 will allow dispatchers to focus on emergency calls. For more information, visit the county website or text "coronavirus" to 211211 for updates.
Keep yourself & your family safe
- Avoid potential exposure The main symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough and/or breathing difficulties. Having these symptoms, does not mean you have COVID-19. But to be safe, stay at least six feet away from anyone who seems sick.
- Practice good hygiene Wash your hands frequently either with soap and water or hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, as these are the areas where viruses are most likely to enter your body.
- Don’t spread germs Coughing and sneezing can spread the virus. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the used tissue away immediately and wash your hands as soon as possible. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not your hands.
- Don’t go to work or school if you feel sick Call HPSM's Nurse Advice Line or your PCP. Let them know if you have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or if you live in (or have
recently traveled from) an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.
Access to Medications
Having the medications you need to stay healthy is especially important during this time when visiting the pharmacist may put you at risk of exposure. HPSM is working with our pharmacy partners to ensure you have enough medication on hand and that you
can get it without having to leave home. Below is a quick guide to getting medications during the COVID-19 outbreak.
If you need an additional supply of your medications during this time to stay prepared, please contact your pharmacy for assistance. If your pharmacy needs assistance refilling a medication early, they should contact:
- HPSM Pharmacy Help Desk line at 888-635-8362 (open 24/7) OR
- HPSM Pharmacy Services at 650-616-2088 during business hours (Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm)
Tip: Please refill your medications early. We recommend ordering a refill of your medications at least a week early to avoid running out of medication.
Need to refill your medications but don’t want to visit the pharmacy in person? Many pharmacies are offering free delivery of medications during this time. Please contact your pharmacy to see if they deliver for free.
If your pharmacy does not offer delivery, HPSM has identified the following pharmacies that offer free medication delivery. If you already have prescriptions at another pharmacy, you can have them transferred to avoid having to get new prescription(s)
from your doctor.
To get started, call the pharmacies listed below. Have your HPSM member identification card ready since they will need your member ID number to process your prescriptions.
Estimated Delivery Times
|Alto Pharmacy||1-800-874-5881||Same day within 2 windows: 12-3pm & 6-9pm||Novato to San Jose|
|Now Rx||650-386-5761||Within 5 hours of receiving prescription||South San Francisco to North San Jose|
|CVS||1-800-746-7287 varies by store||1-2 days, same day delivery via courier*||Varies|
|Walgreens||1-800-925-4733 varies by store||1-2 days, same day delivery via courier*||Varies|
|Safeway||1-877-258-2799 varies by store||courier service*||Varies|
* Please note: Certain restrictions may apply; 1-2 day shipping may be free while there is a fee for same-day delivery. Please ask the pharmacy for details.
HPSM members wishing to get tested for COVID-19 should contact their PCP. HPSM will cover the whole cost; HPSM members will not be charged, including any cost-sharing.
If you think you have COVID-19
Contact your PCP's Office
Call your healthcare professional if you feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or if you live in or have recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.
Let them know before you go to any appointments. This will help the healthcare provider’s office take steps to keep other people from getting infected or exposed.